You have no items in your shopping cart.
- How do I know if an item is in stock?
- Can I order by telephone or fax?
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- How do I pay by cheque, money order or bank transfer?
- How long do you take to despatch an order?
- Is ordering from your website secure?
- How long will my order take to arrive?
- How will the package be delivered?
- Do you have a shop I can visit?
- Is it possible to collect my order from your offices, instead of having it mailed?
- When will my card be charged?
- I am ordering from outside the EU - will VAT be deducted from my order?
- Can you supply wholesale orders to shops and distributors?
- What if my card payment is declined or not authorized?
- Is my package insured against loss or damage in the post?
- If I order from outside the UK, will I pay customs charges?
- What if I receive a faulty record or CD?
- What if I don’t like the records I have ordered? Can I return them?
- I have received only part of my order - why is this?
- How do I qualify for free shipping?
- What grading system do you use?
- 1. How do I know if an item is in stock?
- All titles listed are in stock unless it says otherwise. Our database is kept as up-to-date in real time and is accurate as is possible. Occasionally a record may go out of stock which shows as being in stock - if this occurs and you order it, you will not be charged for it and it won’t be shipped. Otherwise you will receive a full refund.
- 2. Can I order by telephone or fax?
- Sorry but all orders must be placed via our secure online order system. This allows us to have an electronic record of the transaction which we can both refer to if necessary.
- 3. What forms of payment do you accept?
- We accept the following credit and debit cards: Visa, Delta, Switch, Mastercard, Maestro, Solo, Eurocard, JCB, American Express and UK issued Visa Electron. We also accept PayPal, cheques, money orders or bank transfers.
- 4. How do I pay by cheque, money order or bank transfer?
- Just send us an email on email@example.com with a list of the items you want and your address. We will get back to you promptly with a total including post and let you know how your payment can be made.
- 5. How long do you take to despatch an order?
- We try to ship the same day, Monday – Friday, if we receive your order up to 3.30pm. Please note that during busy times or holidays it might take a little longer.
- 6. Is ordering from your website secure?
- Yes the shopping cart is encrypted to ensure 100% security.
- 7. How long will my order take to arrive?
- UK: we always use 1st class post and usually with Tracking, and delivery normally takes 1-2 working days.
Europe: regular airmail takes 3-5 working days.
Rest of the world: regular airmail takes 4-9 working days.
The time that your order takes to arrive depends on your distance from the UK, and on the efficiency of your local postal service. Depending on factors beyond our control (for example local delivery problems, and customs inspections/delays) postage times can sometimes take longer.
- 8. How will the package be delivered?
- In the UK we always use 1st class post and usually with Tracking via Royal Mail. For the rest of the world your package will usually be delivered by your national postal service. For larger boxes delivery may be made by UPS, Fedex or other courier in which case a Tracking number will be supplied.
- 9. Do you have a shop I can visit?
- Sorry but we operate from our warehouse and we don’t have shopping facilities.
- 10. Is it possible to collect my order from your offices, instead of having it mailed?
- Yes just send us an email and we will be in touch to make arrangements. We're based in Henley-on-Thames, in Oxfordshire.
- 11. When will my card be charged?
- We charge your card only when your order has been picked and is ready to ship.
- 12. I am ordering from outside the EU - will VAT be deducted from my order?
- Yes. You will not be charged VAT which means a 20% discount. However, your country may charge you customs fees and/or duty which will be payable by you upon importation.
- 13. Can you supply wholesale orders to shops and distributors?
- We can supply records on the Jazzman, FUNK45, SOUL7, Jukebox Jam, Soul Spectrum , Fryers and TTShaker labels at wholesale prices to some shops and distributors for territories that we don’t have a distribution agreement. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details. Otherwise please contact www.kudosdistribution.co.uk
- 14. What if my card payment is declined or not authorized?
- Your order will be reserved for you, and you will receive an e-mail from us to inform you of the problem. If you do not contact us, we will retry your card once a week for 2 weeks, and then cancel the order. If you think we may have incorrect card information, or wish to submit alternative card details, please email us.
- 15. Is my package insured against loss or damage in the post?
- At the point of purchase you have the option to pay £6.00 for Registered Post which covers against loss or damage in the post. Please note we cannot be held responsible for loss or damage of items in the post that are not insured. Despite what you may hear, the worldwide postal service is very efficient. In our case, we send hundreds of packages every week, and 99.9% of them arrive safely without any problem.
- 16. If I order from outside the UK, will I pay customs charges?
- If you are ordering from within Europe or anywhere else in the world, you may have to pay customs charges. Many countries allow small or low value packages to be delivered without charge, but some do. Please contact your national customs office regarding this subject, as the customer is always liable for any such charges.
- 17. What if I receive a faulty record or CD?
- We will replace any faulty item free of charge, although we cannot refund your return postage costs. Please contact us first via email using the Contact Form on the website if you have a problem. Either a replacement non-faulty copy of the same product, store credit or refund will be given.
- 18. What if I don’t like the records I have ordered? Can I return them?
- Wherever possible we provide accurate descriptions of records and also post soundclips and pictures. On that basis all sales are final.
- 19. I have received only part of my order - why is this?
- It’s likely that you were sent 2 or more packages. For instance, your 45s might have been packaged in one box, and your LPs in another. This is usually because the Post Office cannot ship individual parcels over 2kg, in which case we send more than one parcel or use a courier.
- 20. How do I qualify for free shipping?
- Orders over £70 qualify for free shipping in the UK
- 21. What grading system do you use? Apart from our 'Original 45s', all records listed are Mint condition and brand new as delivered to us from the factory or distributor. Original 45s are graded as follows:
- NM Looks unplayed and shiny like new.
VG++ May have one or two visible imperfections or superficial marks that will not affect play.
VG+ Signs of play that include light scratches or other superficial marks but not enough to seriously affect the sound.
VG Same imperfections found on VG+ records but in greater numbers. No deep scratches, crackle or loud pops.
VG- Our lowest grade but still decent enough to enjoy. Clicks and pops may but not always be apparent. In our experience VG- records often play really well, though visually they may look suspect.
Please note that all records are visually graded. If you buy a record and disagree with our grading, you may return it for a credit or refund, your choice.